What strobe lighting kit/setup for newborn/small family?
please recommend a setup for newborn and small family (less than 6 adults) portraits. Budget is flexible but thinking around $500-750. Room to work with if worth it for qUality. Primary purpose is for indoor but would be a plus if could use outdoor on location (eg with power pack).
Am thinking something like:
1. One to two strobes with stands
2. one to two soft boxes (would prefer large softbox(es) for softer light)
3. Backdrop (at least black, maybe white if can get set up for pure white) plus stands
4. trigger system
with your recommendation please provide a link for me to purchase.
also know that I am perfectly ok with starting out with fewer strobes and then adding over time if needed. also, I'd like to know if you can convert a purely indoor strobe setup to be portable by adding a power pack after the fact, or do you have to buy a portable set from the start? If you can convert later then I'm fine with doing that over time to so that I can put more money into quality right now.
existing equipment to work with includes sb-600 and Nikon D40 (but will probably upgrade to D3100)
|Post (hide subjects)||Posted by||When|
|Feb 11, 2013|
|Feb 11, 2013|
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%