What strobe lighting kit/setup for newborn/small family?
please recommend a setup for newborn and small family (less than 6 adults) portraits. Budget is flexible but thinking around $500-750. Room to work with if worth it for qUality. Primary purpose is for indoor but would be a plus if could use outdoor on location (eg with power pack).
Am thinking something like:
1. One to two strobes with stands
2. one to two soft boxes (would prefer large softbox(es) for softer light)
3. Backdrop (at least black, maybe white if can get set up for pure white) plus stands
4. trigger system
with your recommendation please provide a link for me to purchase.
also know that I am perfectly ok with starting out with fewer strobes and then adding over time if needed. also, I'd like to know if you can convert a purely indoor strobe setup to be portable by adding a power pack after the fact, or do you have to buy a portable set from the start? If you can convert later then I'm fine with doing that over time to so that I can put more money into quality right now.
existing equipment to work with includes sb-600 and Nikon D40 (but will probably upgrade to D3100)
|Post (hide subjects)||Posted by||When|
|Feb 11, 2013|
|Feb 11, 2013|
- Fujifilm X-T223.6%
- Nikon D50025.4%
- Nikon AF-S 105mm F1.4E8.2%
- Olympus M.Zuiko 12-100mm F47.5%
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-G857.2%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art6.7%
- Sigma 50-100mm F1.8 Art5.1%
- Sony a63006.4%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX10 III3.7%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX100 V6.3%
|Lighthouse, Bottom of the World by CelticOdyssey|
from An A to Z of Subjects- Week 12, L
|Dundrum by Rik Powdrill|