Leo's Favourite Flower for February 2013

Started Feb 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
Benoz
Benoz Veteran Member • Posts: 6,213
Re: Three roses

ozdean wrote:

Hi Ben some good shooting there, tricky WB under the halogen lighting on the roses, the 17-70 did a very good job in the last, it is a good lens. You'll have to compare it with Mr. Versatile in a pre shoot for the formal IMO - LOL

I should have listen to you Dean! I ended up using the 18-135 (which did a pretty good job) but maybe the 17-70 could have been a bit better. The reason being that the group was about 20 girls and boys (not 10/12) as previously thought therefore the subjects at the edges of the frame came out a little soft. My mistake as well, because I could have zoomed less and crop a bit more later. The other small problem was that my flash decided to stop working so I was limited to the camera flash which even at +1 was really not strong enough. Anyway, it was good fun and good experience and, overall, the shot came up quite pleasingly with a bit more PP. The main think girls were happy! 

Cheers

Ben

Benoz's gear list:Benoz's gear list
Pentax MX-1 Pentax K-70 Pentax KP Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Pentax smc DA 35mm F2.8 Macro Limited +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow