tilt shift with the 7d
But will I get any kind of results from the 17mm or the 24mm in the meantimewth my 7d? The object is to start doing real estate photography.
OF course the 1.4X crop with the 17 TSE f4 will yield an effective field of view as an 24 TSE on FF.
For interior work this may not be wide enough as the constrained space limits your ability to back up to get the room in to the frame. However with careful lens shifting (and camera body cross shifting) and subsequent flat stitching even this can be made to work.
For exterior work the 17 TSE on a crop body will work fine as you can usually back up a bit if needed. In both of these applications a good LCD (as on your 7D) and a steady tripod is needed to ensure appropriate shift lens movement is applied to keep verticals straight. Welcome to MF with Live View! That's how tilt shift lenses are normally used.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%