NEX6 External Mic

Started Oct 26, 2012 | Questions thread
focuspulling
focuspulling Regular Member • Posts: 330
Re: NEX6 External Mic = ECM-XYST1M

losangeles wrote:

Are you serious? You're telling us that pringgo violated some etiquette by posting an update resolving this months old thread? And you're telling me that instead of following threads I have posted in to see if there are updates I should search the forum?

Well look, I disagree. You can accept that or continue playing troll.

H. Paul Moon wrote:

losangeles wrote:

The cross post here was still useful since this is a thread that was started in quest for a microphone solution for NEX cameras. I for once wouldn't have seen the other thread you link to, but saw this post because the thread is in my history and I receive updates.

H. Paul Moon wrote:

pringgo wrote:

Now Sony NEX-6 can use Sony ECM-XYST1M,

Sony ECM-XYST1M stereo microphone

Record high quality audio with this Sony ECM-XYST1M stereo microphone compatible with Handycam® camcorders, Cyber-shot® cameras and Alpha cameras outfitted with a multi interface shoe. With a wide frequency band (0° to 120°), you can fine-tune your audio capture according to the setting. The supplied windscreen cuts down on wind noise pickup for crisp, clear, unadulterated audio.

read this too...

NEX-6 external mic solution

http://nexusers.blogspot.com/2013/01/nex-6-external-mic-solution.html

Please search next time, there was already a dedicated thread (from which the "blog" probably derived its information):

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3367606

Again, searching is quick and easy. I just tried it, with the search terms NEX-6 and microphone. The original thread is right there in the first few search results. You would have seen it in one second. So yeah, it would have saved us all time and the cross-posting is not helpful. This is pretty elementary discussion etiquette in cyberspace...

Yes, I'm serious.  You should search before posting.  This forum is kind of a mess with reundant threads, because there is no atmosphere (administrator-encouraged or otherwise) of tidiness.  The Internet isn't five years old.

focuspulling's gear list:focuspulling's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Sony Alpha a7S II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-200mm F4-5.6 OIS Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH +19 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow