58mm uv filter
I don't need it to be anything special just something that if it gets a scratch I can throw out rather than live with a lens withe a scrape in every picture I take.
As others have said, you are much more likely to have bad stuff in every picture you take if you keep a cheap filter on at all times.
Myself, I bought B+W U/V filters for all my lenses (including my 18-55 kit lens), but I only use them when I am at the beach and there is blowing sand and ocean mist. I use hoods for protection (including on my 18-55 kit lens.)
Hoods always; filters, only when needed.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%