Winston Loo wrote:
I picked up an EPL5 yesterday and I am very impressed with the image quality. Unfortunately, I can't say the same for video quality as it is poor to say the least. There appears to be no active image stabilization but movie I.S. is set at the default to perform IS in all directions. As it is, video would be useless without a tripod.
Have I got a bad EPL5, missed a setting somewhere or is this the way it is?
I have an epl5 and gh2/gh3. The oly is terrible for video.
I don't think it's to do with ibis as I turn ibis off and
Use pannys ois. It's just the lousy codec olympus put in their cams for video. I oly use the epl5 for stills
Thanks for the reply.
I was hoping I had a bad EPL5 as I really like the still IQ. It's hard to imagine why Oly would release this with such poor video as many much less expensive cameras have decent video capabilities.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%