Wait. . . or . . . Buy?

Started Feb 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Richard Carlson Regular Member • Posts: 154
Wait. . . or . . . Buy?

I've got an SD14 and SD15 and several other camera's mostly Canon (i.e. old 5D, 20D). Problem I have is deciding to wait for the next generation of camera's or buy what's now available. I like my SD15 and it has  by far has given me good performance understanding  the limitations it has. The question now is do I upgrade to a SD1m or wait till the next generation that may come out is 2 to 3 years. . . ? That seems to be my biggest problem with technology. .. wait and see or buy now and be sorry for what I could have had. . . .waiting too long. . . I've had the same issues with desktop computers that I build. . . but I'm becoming more informed as I read the tech pages and manufacturer websites showing off their latest products. . . (i.e. AMD , Asus, Phoronix, and Anandtech) and evolution of computer chipsets, processors, video cards etc along with software development. . . (i.e.Linux). .

To all of you that own an SD1m is it worth while to buy one now or to wait? Those of you that also own an SD15, has the purchase of the SD1m been a good commitment? Are you satisfied with what you got or could you have waited a couple years? This will  be my last camera. . . . . and time is going buy fast. . . . I'd like to think I could wait but life passes us all by way to fast.

Richard

Canon EOS 20D Canon EOS 5D Sigma SD1 Sigma SD14 Sigma SD15
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow