Upgrade Lens or Body! =)

Started Feb 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Jokerc7 New Member • Posts: 1
Upgrade Lens or Body! =)

Hello, im new to this site but thats besides the point lol

My true problem is that, i would like to upgrade my  dslr. I currently own a Nikon D3000 (very beginner i know) its an ok camera for outdoor photography but i do most of my photography indoors. I help with the school newspaper and so forth and i really need more iso capabilitieson my camera body . I know that i should really buy a better lens, but im scared that im going to waste money on a nikon lenes when i might even switch to canon. I dont want to start a debate on which one is better, Nikon or Canon because i know that it is all on your personal preference . My questions are,

1)Should i upgrade my lens or Camera body?

2)Would a Nikon D300 do a good job? Or should i think about Canon 60D?

My budget is limited, therefore im looking for something second hand. However, i need a body that is rugged not some plastic toy as the one i have now. I also know that its the photographer that makes the camera not the camera that makes the photographer. I have shot some great indoor stuff (below are two pictures that i have taken with the nikon d3000 18-55 at a church) with this camera but, honestly i have to take around 200 photos just to get the shot im looking for. The things i need the camera for are as follows,

1) Portraits

2) Candid's

3)weddings (someday in the near future)

4) Indoor Photography (concerts etc)

5) Outdoor photography

Thanks for any advice in advance.

Thanks

Jose

Canon EOS 60D Nikon D300 Nikon D3000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow