7D upgrade or stick with 60D?

Started Feb 8, 2013 | Questions thread
Limburger
Limburger Veteran Member • Posts: 7,812
Re: 7D upgrade or stick with 60D?

The 7D has better ergonomics and is easier to adjust in mid shoot (changing focus points,aperture shutter etc.).

It also has a 100% viewfinder with 1x magnigfication that I find handy framing the shot without having to crop stuff on the edges out.

It's a fast camera you have to learn a bit but will start to like whe it becomes 2nd nature where the buttons are.

Regarding your lenses though I would buy better optics, not saying that you don't like the one you got now but do not underestmate the influence of the lens in the pictures you take (distortions,contrast,fringing,glare/flare etc.).

So you're are about to get into a learning curve with camera settings and RAW processing.

I would put the money to a walkaround lens of high quality (could be used for portraits too depending on the depth of field you want to work with) a flash that can be used off shoe and a Canon 70-200 L (the one that fits in your budget, could also be used as portrait lens) and Lightroom.

For portraits you don't need a 7D, the right lens, the right light and some software to work on the RAWs.

Mind that the Canon software is capable of processing your images from RAW.

-- hide signature --

Cheers Mike

Limburger's gear list:Limburger's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Canon EOS 7D Sony Alpha a7 Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0L USM +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow