Canon 600D focus prior to shooting
just wondering if any of you encountered this. I was out shooting birds (not "shooting" shooting") with my canon 600D, i got a good composition for an instant and pressed the shutter button. the AF motor kicked in and ruined the focus and prevented the shutter from firing...
i tested that later on a Nikon D80, and the shutter fired when pressed even if focus wasn't achieved. does any of you know how to overcome this?
i would imagine my camera needs to release the shutter when i say, and not when it decides it got focus confirmation.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%