Why the leading bleeding edge is not for the faint at heart

Started Feb 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
OP alatchin Senior Member • Posts: 1,055
Re: Why the leading bleeding edge is not for the faint at heart

RoelHendrickx wrote:

illy wrote:

i don't think i'll ever go for top spec camera model again, i'd rather get a lower end model and replace it every couple of years, ok you may miss or want some of the stuff the pro models have, but in reality the I.Q coming from the more budget conscious range is excellent, and the money you save can be used for better lenses or a nice trip somewhere.

While I agree with the general reasoning in the OP, I do indeed sometimes buy the new top range model pretty soon. Olympus flagships (E-3, E-5) are not exactly cheap, but they do offer a lot for the money (especially if you consider the need for an extremely robust and weathersealed take-anywhere-and-never-worry camera).

I agree, and the Olympus lens line-up from the HG to the SHG compliments this. While I have bought into m43rds with a lot of primes none of them are weather sealed, and I think all the people hoping Olympus will quickly replicate the quality of the HG zooms in a smaller weathersealed package will be disappointed.

We will most likely see the lenses either will less range (my thinking), smaller apertures or compromised image quality. I look forward to the new body and using my 12-60 and 50-200 SWD feature again

-- hide signature --

The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.

-- hide signature --

Roel Hendrickx
lots of images: www.roelh.zenfolio.com
my E-3 user field report from Tunisian Sahara: http://www.biofos.com/ukpsg/roel.html

-- hide signature --

“You don’t take a photograph, you make it.” -Ansel Adams
blog.alatchinphotography(dot)com

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow