Olympus fast zooms may be coming in 2013

Started Feb 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
MatsP
MatsP Senior Member • Posts: 2,413
Re: Good points

amtberg wrote:

Yep, Sigma and Tamron have also made smallish fast zooms for APS-C cameras. I had a Sigma 18-50/2.8 for Canon that wasn't that much bigger than the 12-35/2.8 for MFT. I think the Tamron equivalent was even smaller. Both are a fair bit heavier, but they can be scaled down for MFT.

Something like the APS-C Sigma 17-70/2.8-4 (roughly 14-55 MFT equivalent) would be nice ... especially as it has in-lens IS and only costs $400! In fact ... why doesn't Sigma just make one?

I wonder that too. I had the 17-70 as a standard zoom on my 40D and it was a very good lens, fast and sharp. It was lacking IS but I didn't care, and I care even less about that now as I have an OM-D. So my wish is a nice, small and sharp Sigma 14-35/2,8 without IS, or preferably a 12-35, and half the price of Panasonic 12-35 of course!

MatsP's gear list:MatsP's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Olympus OM-D E-M5 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
FFS
BJL
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow