Really like Sigma’s 35 1.4 Art Line Series

Started Feb 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
J Mankila
J Mankila Veteran Member • Posts: 4,234
Not overly satisfied with the Nikkor...

Bjorn_L wrote:

J Mankila wrote:

What I would like to get is a 20mm to complement my range - currently I stop at 25mm with my Nikkor 25-50/4 - but I also would love a conveniently sized 28mm, because that's my "home".....

A decent 28mm f1.8 with at a fair price is already available. Check out the Nikon.

I've seen, I'd think, most of the relevant tests on the Nikkor 28/1.8, and it does indeed look quite good. But what would essentially be my taking-this-to-a-desert-island lens, I'm not satisfied with the QC. Too many negative reports, and a noticeable drop in image quality near the centre (judging by the Photozone.de sample images from the D3X) have put me off, for now.

I'm looking at either the Zeiss 28/2.0 or a future Art-line Sigma. Currently, the 25-50 covers the focal length extremely well, although wide-angle close-ups are impossible with the 0.5m minimum focusing distance. That is the one niggle I have with the lens, along with the f/4 max aperture, which doesn't improve manual focusing or DOF options.

Anyway, I'll wait for now and see what Sigma brings to the table - they surely must know that 35mm isn't the hottest focal length.

-- hide signature --

regards
Janne Mankila, Finland

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow