Now, where did that ball go?
I'm finding the 100-300 very, very slow on my E-P1 - even subjects like this can be quite challenging for it, whereas the 40-150 M.Zuiko is quite noticeably faster.
Do others have better experience with the 100-300 on more recent bodies? Is it any faster, or just as slow?
Nice dog shot!
The AF technology in M43s has come a LONG way since the EP1. The 100-300 is a reasonably fast focuser, but the EP1 is pretty pokey compared to current M43 bodies. Also, there has been at least one firmware update for the lens, which might help, if you haven't done that yet.
I'd see if you could try it out on a newer body (current generation, if possible, of either Oly or Panasonics) to compare to what you are using now. You may be surprised at the difference.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%