Really like Sigma’s 35 1.4 Art Line Series

Started Feb 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
OP (unknown member) Veteran Member • Posts: 4,585
Re: Really like Sigma’s 35 1.4 Art Line Series Beautiful photos

coudet wrote:

ADMint wrote:

I'm not sure you understand what I wrote.

I did.

I'm not concerned about a Summilux, I don't even know what it is, I care about the image quality of the Sigma 50 1.4!

Indeed. I merely pointed that "Sigmalux" name in the thread is a play with words. It refers to Leica Summilux 50mm F/1.4, which is a high quality 50mm F/1.4, implying Sigma is as good. It's not.

OK, but that's irrelevant to my point... that the images there were shot with a Sigma 50 1.4. And that they look better than what I've got thus far. That was my only point.

With regards to the link posted, regardless of the name, all those images were shot with the Sigma 50 1.4, and that I'm saying those images are a lot sharper than what I'm getting at the moment with my Sigma 50 1.4.

And what I said is that in the link I posted there are no full size images and you can't judge how sharp other people's copies are looking at websized pictures.

And I could make that same argument on any images posted anywhere where no such images are available. I'm also mindful of photo editing software where even the most mundane lens can look like a pro photo lens, so.... Anyway it gave me something to compare.

BTW I got that link from this review: Better Family Photos: Sigma 50 1.4 Review. What I like is the author neither blasts or praises the lens, he just tells it like it is.

With that, I stand by my statement that at the 1.4 setting, the Sigma 35 blows my copy of the Sigma 50 away. I know because I actually have photos to compare. The fact that I've not posted them (yet) doesn't mean it isn't so.

I don't doubt that's true. 35mm is supposed to be better.

At any rate I get your point

@ Steve Bingham, yeah the 50 may not be all that, but I bought it more for the bokah than it's sharpness I suppose. As for average, it didn't do too bad here: Seven 50mm prime lenses for Nikon F-mount compared, but maybe the Nikon 50 1.8G would have been the better buy, considering it's price.

-- hide signature --

New to this forum, not to forums!

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow