rx100 the one to beat?

Started Feb 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
YiannisPP Senior Member • Posts: 1,621
Re: rx100 the one to beat?

1AvidHiker wrote:

Wow, this thread is amusing...

Is it not fairly obvious that the OP is referring to cameras of similar size? While not explicitly stated, based on subsequent posts (some people don't seem to be reading the entire thread carefully), I'd say the OP isn't just looking for "pocketable" but for TRULY pocketable, i.e., PANTS pocketable. This is the WHOLE POINT OF SONY'S DESIGN, and comes with tradeoffs obviously.

Based on size, as plenty of others have pointed out, there is simply no comparison to anything else available. For a truly go-anywhere design, RX100 wins where it counts. Of course, if I didn't mind something slightly larger, I wouldn't have bought the RX100 - but any modestly educated consumer should be able to figure that out given all the reviews out there.

I am as amused as you are:) It is indeed amusing to see how some people react in unpredictable ways. For example, how about this poster's reaction (a few replies above) when I dared mention that the RX100 beats all other compacts in DR:

"right now, most smartphones handle bright light conditions with ease, and can also readily handle plenty of DR pp fixing (since sensor tech for cellphones are the same design, they have 'good DR' too; always have been, so it's not exactly new)"

What can we reply to something like that? Then you have the other poster who thinks that the RX100 is all hype and that we've all been duped and that the RX100 is really no better than some old IXUS. Instead of giving weight to the thought that there might be something wrong with his copy, he believes that he's the only one who doesn't "fall for the hype". It seems a bit arrogant to me, but what can we say? After all we've all been conned by Sony, we all have a mediocre camera not worth the money! Let's go hide ourselves in shame!

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow