Really like Sigma’s 35 1.4 Art Line Series

Started Feb 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
coudet Veteran Member • Posts: 4,022
Re: Really like Sigma’s 35 1.4 Art Line Series Beautiful photos

ADMint wrote:

I'm not sure you understand what I wrote.

I did.

I'm not concerned about a Summilux, I don't even know what it is, I care about the image quality of the Sigma 50 1.4!

Indeed. I merely pointed that "Sigmalux" name in the thread is a play with words. It refers to Leica Summilux 50mm F/1.4, which is a high quality 50mm F/1.4, implying Sigma is as good. It's not.

With regards to the link posted, regardless of the name, all those images were shot with the Sigma 50 1.4, and that I'm saying those images are a lot sharper than what I'm getting at the moment with my Sigma 50 1.4.

And what I said is that in the link I posted there are no full size images and you can't judge how sharp other people's copies are looking at websized pictures.

With that, I stand by my statement that at the 1.4 setting, the Sigma 35 blows my copy of the Sigma 50 away. I know because I actually have photos to compare. The fact that I've not posted them (yet) doesn't mean it isn't so.

I don't doubt that's true. 35mm is supposed to be better.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow