Fujifilm XF1 RAW using (free) Adobe DNC 7.3
I've been trying to convert my XF1 RAW files using the latest free Adobe DNC (Digital Negative Convertor) ver. 7.3 and the converter insists on converting the 12MP RAF file into a 6MP DNG file, not a 12MP one. Any ideas, anyone, why?
My guess (without looking into it too deeply)...
I would suspect that the existing DNG standard may not fully/properly accommodate the unconventional EXR CFA layout.
Since the EXR CFA layout is effectively that of two interwoven Bayer CFA patterns, it's a very quick and easy compromise solution (for Adobe) just to convert the 12MP EXR RAW into a 6MP Bayer 'RAW'.
The unanswered question though - is, whether this conversion uses both '6MP halves' of the EXR RAW data, or simply discards one halve - hopefully, it would be the former (although that is not without some complications re EXR-DR - so possibly not).
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%