Bayonne Bridge

Started Feb 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
Albert Valentino Senior Member • Posts: 5,526
Bayonne Bridge

All the posts showing off B&W shots has inspired me. Yesterday, a very cold, finger throbbing, day I drove to Bayonne, New Jersey to do a little shooting. The weather was bleak and I shot using film simulation bracketing with Dig Neg Standard and B&W. This scene didn't lend itself to punchy colors. Although the Dig Neg Standard profile was the best for the colored profiles I found that it did lend itself better to a B&W conversion than playing with the original jpeg B&W.

Below are a few shot converted to B&W using Topaz B&W Effects using varied settings. All shot with the 18-55 zoom and XE1. Originals look much better than compressed.

Can you believe they get $13 in tolls to cross this bridge?

Albert Valentino's gear list:Albert Valentino's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro +10 more
Fujifilm X-E1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow