new DSLR user here

Started Feb 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
happysnapper64 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,417
Re: new DSLR user here

Hi Nicolex, & welcome to the forum. One thing I would say, don't try to go too quickly. There is an awfull lot to learn, try to master the basics of exposure & practice as you go along. That seems to be your plan so you are off on the right foot. Read & reread any instruction the guys/galls give you. Make sure you understand how shutter speed, aperture & ISO combine to give the exposure you need. Understand the absolute importance of LIGHT in photography, & how your camera is just a tool you use to manipulate that light. The word photography means "painting with light", & that is what we are doing. Your T3 is a nice capable camera which will give you great images when used correctly. I had the T3i, & bought a book called "From snapshots to greatshots - by Jeff Revel" It is a series specifically for individual cameras, & was a great help to me. Practice with purpose. Play with the settings to see what happens. It is both fun & rewarding, so keep the questions coming if you get stuck. There are some very knowledgeable people here only too willing to help you.

-- hide signature --

lee uk.
There are old pilots, & there are bold pilots, but there are no old bold pilots.

happysnapper64's gear list:happysnapper64's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 7D Sigma 150mm F2.8 EX DG OS Macro HSM Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM +6 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow