Really like Sigma’s 35 1.4 Art Line Series

Started Feb 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
ADMint
OP ADMint Veteran Member • Posts: 3,576
Re: Really like Sigma’s 35 1.4 Art Line Series Beautiful photos

Cagey75 wrote:

Sigma apparently told the store I purchased from that it's because people using D800s aren't being careful enough, or something, that they think the lens is oof.

I personally can't/won't believe Sigma said such a thing. I know there are a few D800/E users using the lens and there are no "compatibility" issues. I myself have a D800E and you can check the beginning of this post to see there are no issues.

That said, I can understand getting a bad copy; as I've been decrying in another thread, I'm not exactly impressed with the Sigma 50 1.4 I purchased at the same time as the 35, it seems extremely soft at the 1.4 setting compared to the 35 1.4. in fact the 35 1.4 blows my copy of the 50 1.4 away in that aperture range. Looking at this thread here: Sigma 50mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM -SIGMALUX-, it appears I "might" have a bad copy of the 50

Anyway I can tell you for the most part, I've not seen many focus or soft issue complaints on the 35 1.4, like those seen on the 50. In fact yours is one of the rare posts I've seen decrying a bad copy.

Ass for that Sigma statement, again, that's a hard one to swallow.

-- hide signature --

New to this forum, not to forums!

ADMint's gear list:ADMint's gear list
Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 17-35mm f/2.8D ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28-70mm f/2.8 ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.4D +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow