Show Your Snaps...February 4, 2013

Started Feb 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Digirame OP Forum Pro • Posts: 32,481
Astoria, Oregon

Early this past Saturday I was in Astoria, Oregon.  I got a chance to see fishing boats and larger ships.  Hearing the barking of sea lions prompted me to look for them.

Photo No. 1 - It was early at the Port of Astoria where I got to see large ships.  It was cold enough for me to wear my mittens.

Photo No. 2 - Also I found fishing boats.  The glow of the sunrise can be seen in the sky and water.

Photo No. 3 - The sunshine brightened the colors of the ships.  Sea lions can be seen resting and sleeping on the far right side.

Photo No. 4 - I was able to get close to these sea lions before the sun illuminated the area.  This sea lion dove in the water, swam a little and then came up to rest some.  Since it was isolated from the other sea lions, it became one of my best shots.

Photo No. 5 - Here's another one, where the sea lion looks straight at me.

Photo No. 6 - I left the barking sea lions for more things to see.  Since the sun had not completely shone on everything yet, it provided nice contrasts.

Photo No. 7 - In particular I liked this one.

Photo No. 8 - It was interesting seeing this old building on wood pilings.

Photo No. 9 - When the sun shone more, I came back to check up on the sea lions.

Photo No. 10 - The sea lions stayed together so much, that I was unable to get an isolated shot, like I did during the early morning before all of this sunshine.  Most of them appeared to be sleeping.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
dht
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow