Working on Composition........which one?

Started Feb 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
Bart7D
Bart7D Veteran Member • Posts: 4,438
Re: Working on Composition........which one?

Danny Williams wrote:

After an incredibly difficult climb, I finally reached this Tennessee waterfall. We hiked in just at dawn, and so the lighting was a little tough, since the falls is deep down into a small canyon. I didn't want to waste my time and effort, so I shot this falls from several angles, but just can't seem to zero in on the "best" shot. Your help will be appreciated. Thanks.

In this first one, the red sign wins, as a kind of comical note.

The second one is special, it has something like the moment of discovery, after the hike finally the view on the falls. And then the 3rd one gives it to us as a natural landscape view:

And finally the unimpeded overview of the water in all it's stages.

(Sorry - pushed it out of the quote and can't seem to put it back here)

So for me, the last two win. And let me add as a personal note that it's totally beyond me why everyone wants to change vivid, bubbling and sparkling water into dull angel's hair using the obligatory long exposure. Let's not make every (impression of) beauty into 'kitsch' by forcing a trendy idea onto it like all the cheap painters do in touristic places.

Thanks four sharing these Danny!

Bart

Bart7D's gear list:Bart7D's gear list
Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Sony SLT-A77 Sony Alpha a99 Sony a77 II +21 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow