Now here is an honest review of the DP2 Merrill..

Started Feb 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
Raist3d Forum Pro • Posts: 36,392
On cultish statements...

the statement he made does not necessarily mean *everyone* that likes a Sigma product is cultish. You are putting that on yourself.  I don't wholly agree with the review but I do agree it raises some valid points, and I will agree that yes, there is a bit of a cult by a subset of Sigma owners that behaves that way.

Also one of his other points apparently missed is you can take a high megapixel camera and make the point irrelevant on Foveon extra detail. Also I am not sure the D800E won't have more detail. Looking at shots at 100% is a bit moot depending on the target print size and ditto for web, not to mention that you have to take a look at the whole picture- there are some certain color artifacts also you have to deal with on the Foveon side of things from time to time (and sure, you can say there are color moire issues you will have to deal in an AAless Bayer).

-- hide signature --

Raist3d/Ricardo (Photographer, software dev.)- I photograph black cats in coal mines at night...
“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.” - George Orwell

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
JLK
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow