Polarizing Filters

Started Feb 2, 2013 | Questions thread
OP C17EHSE Forum Member • Posts: 51
Re: Polarizing Filters

_sem_ wrote:

Try to google up a good review of polarising filters. Avoid the cheapos; any filters with no or poor coating will cause problems with bright light (ghosts etc). Aside from this, polarisers have different colour tints. Got a Hoya and I sometimes dislike it.

But in case you haven't already, the first thing to do with such light is shoot NEF, learn to expose carefully, and develop in a wide-DR capable raw converter (recommended: LR4, also the free Raw Therapee 4 if you're a bit of a masochists; not VNX2, maybe CNX2 if you use local U-point adjustments). Notice this is because the sensor captures quite some more dynamic range than what the camera is able to process properly.

Yeah, I've since changed that.  I decided to save in JPG because I only had one card but I've since invested in a second card so I've changed it to NEF.  I have LR4 and am learning to use it.

Thanks!

Mike

C17EHSE's gear list:C17EHSE's gear list
Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Tamron SP AF 10-24mm F/3.5-4.5 Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di VC USD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow