decent CPL filter

Started Feb 1, 2013 | Questions thread
Joseph S Wisniewski Forum Pro • Posts: 34,130
I avoid Heliopan.

ropausa wrote:

I have both the Heliopan SH-PMC slim Circular Polarizer and the new High Transmission SH-PMC slim circular polarizer. With the newer High Transmission one I get about 2/3rds of a stop more light and the same polarizing effect as the older SH-PMC CP.

As far as I know no other manufacturer has the same polarizer as the High Transmission one from Heliopan.

Several other brands had high transmission polarizers before Heliopan.

I avoid Heliopan like the plague. Their quality and product range is pretty much equivalent to B+W, but in the U.S. you have to pay approximately a 30% premium over B+W, due to the actions of Heliopan's exclusive U.S. distributor.

Aside from price gouging, I have seen one representative of that distributor make all sorts of outrageous claims about the products he represents, until he finally got himself banned from dpReview for spamming.

I just can't see doing business with people like that.

-- hide signature --

Rahon Klavanian 1912-2008. Armenian genocide survivor, amazing cook, scrabble master, and loving grandmother. You will be missed. Ciao! Joseph www.swissarmyfork.com

Joseph S Wisniewski's gear list:Joseph S Wisniewski's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Nikon D90 Nikon D2X Nikon D3 Nikon D100 +43 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow