Panasonic GH3 Tips and Tricks Setup Guide Video

Started Dec 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
(unknown member) Veteran Member • Posts: 3,348
Re: Panasonic GH3 Tips and Tricks Setup Guide Video / Great video.

sea_dragon wrote:

Just to be clear, the halo we are talking about is the text pictured at the bottom of the GH3 photo? Like when a car drives over freshly painted lines on a road and there is the "runoff" marks. If this is the halo then yes I have it. But I dont have the halos like in your other video. But I wear glasses and have astigmatism so either way, I can't see the EVF perfectly. I noticed the same text smearing in other cameras like the NEX-7 too. Eye placement is critical in the GH3 and is not forgiving if one move their eye off center.

Few cameras are perfect for all eyes though.

I never compose with the rear screens (and if it were not for their use as menus, would cheerfully toss them in the bin) and so eye finders are essential items for me and I will not buy a camera without one.

My Nikon D3s's have big, bright finders yet due to wearing glasses and the Eye Point not being high enough these days, I cannot see all the frame edges UNLESS I move my head around a bit so I can see one edge at a time. How I miss the old F3HP High Eyepoint film models!

I will get my GH3 this week and hope it is reasonably useable as far as the finder goes, as I would hate to have to send it back!

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow