DO YOU STILL PRINT PICTURES?

Started Feb 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
Keith Z Leonard Veteran Member • Posts: 5,997
Re: DO YOU STILL PRINT PICTURES?

I use Costco all of the time, the quality is quite good, they stand behind it (though I've only ever had 1 print go awry), and you can't beat the prices. 9$ for a 30x20 is just insane.

To OP, I do still print, we do calendars and printed gifts for family and for clients I just print some samples up and that usually does the convincing. It is interesting though, I've had clients who didn't really want prints until they saw their photograph printed, especially in larger formats, then they change their mind. For a regular print being so cheap it's sometimes worth just spending a few dollars to print some of the nicer images and then get people to invest in canvas prints, etc...

I'm still a semi-pro in that I don't do THAT much client work, but this has been my experience with it thus far.

EDIT:  I forgot this, I also do books, those seem to go over well, especially if they are not overly large and tell the story of an event that I've been asked to photograph.  Those I don't do until they've committed to it, but I have a couple of samples to show off and talk about it being the coffee table book for when friends visit, that seems to still work out with the 30+ folks.

Keith Z Leonard's gear list:Keith Z Leonard's gear list
Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Canon EOS 400D +16 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MTT
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow