Big upgrade - steep learning curve
Like a few others I've noticed on this board, I've upgraded to my D300 direct from a D50 and the learning curve is VERY steep.
I thought I'd diagnosed the exposure difference between these two shots as being my failure to remember to switch from spot to matrix metering but my diagonals don't seem to support this ??
Checking further I found that I'd also forgotten to set the focus mode to manual - it was still set to single-servo (lens was a manual focus Zeiss Distagon T* f2.8 25mm ZF.2 with CPU).
But surely this shouldn't have affected the exposure ??
Would very much apreciate suggestions as to other set-up factors I should check . . . or perhaps an explanation if my assumption about the focus mode is wrong.
Images re-sized for posting.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%