Am I doing something wrong? Sony A57

Started Jan 31, 2013 | Discussions thread
sensibill
sensibill Veteran Member • Posts: 5,401
Re: Am I doing something wrong? Sony A57

JajoB wrote:

As to the last couple people who mentioned the posterization effect... That's what really bothers me about the images. It never ever happened with the D5100. I use Photoshop to resize them, but that's as far as I've played with the images. If I zoom in on the pictures on my camera, the same effect shows, so I'm positive it's not Photoshop.

Thanks again to all of you who have offered help!
Jajo

Something is happening to the images since my A57 doesn't do that (posterization). I'd suggest resetting all your in camera settings and/or trying different RAW export software (maybe you have some weird thing going on with PS).

Also, for indoor, given that you were using 18mm for this shot, I'd say get the 35 over a 50. I have a 28mm 2.8 and 50mm 1.7 (both vintage Minolta) and I find myself using the 28mm more unless I'm taking head shot portraits or macro with a filter diopter adapter.

Hunt around, you should be able to find a SAL35F18 for under $190. If you're on a tighter budget than that, a 50mm 1.7 is easy to get for around $80 in near mint shape off eBay.

sensibill's gear list:sensibill's gear list
Nikon 1 J1 Sony Alpha a7 II
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow