Should I get the Zeiss 24mm lens for NEX-7 or RX100?

Started Feb 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jcasti New Member • Posts: 3
Should I get the Zeiss 24mm lens for NEX-7 or RX100?

Now before I get flamed, I do realize that comparing a $1000 camera plus $1000 prime lens to a compact camera is a bit unfair. And I do realize that you might use the NEX-7/Zeiss combo for different shooting conditions than you would the RX100. But hear me out here. I currently have the 50mm 1.8 and the 35mm 1.8. So I've already got two pretty good prime lenses to work with. I may even fold and get the Zeiss one day. But I've been reading a lot about the RX100 and I really like what I see. The problem is, I can only afford either the Zeiss or the RX100 but not both. Any advice? Would I be able to get away with shooting the RX100 at 28mm f1.8 and get decent results vs the Zeiss at 24/1.8 (especially if I'm not blowing up any of my pics)? The fact that I can just whip out the RX100 at any time is also very intriguing. Does anyone here have both and can post some comparison shots both in low light and bright conditions? Thanks in advance, everyone.

Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow