Really like Sigma’s 35 1.4 Art Line Series

Started Feb 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ADMint
ADMint Veteran Member • Posts: 3,658
Really like Sigma’s 35 1.4 Art Line Series

After months of trying to decide on a wide angle prime lens, and pretty much thinking I was going to get the Nikon 28mm I instead went with Sigma 35 1.4. This lens is designated in the Art line series of Sigma’s new lens releases. I’ve never owned a prime lens in the focal length, though I do have Nikon’s AF-S 17-35 2.8D but this lens is a joy and balances well on the D800E.  BTW I also picked up the Sigma 50 1.4, but that’s a story for another time.

Anyway I’m not going to get into a bunch of technical this or that because that’s not what I’m about; all I care is if the lens can give me the shot I’m looking for.  I don’t care about shooing charts or brick walls, I care about what it can do for me, artistically or otherwise, and right now, just from the short time of playing with the Sigma 35 1.4, I’m extremely happy with it.  That said; I haven’t had a chance to get out today so I took some shots around the house with it…

Nice bokah

Notice sharpness of images on fan

infrared photo filter used from Nik software

Was focused on the eye

Snip of dolls photo

This lens is sharp. Notice the signatures sharpness in image below. Photo by me.

Notice signature in photo

The lens is pretty sharp, and I’ve not had to use any lens profile to correct for barrel distortion.  Also bear in mind that all these are hand held shots with a D800E. Check the exif data.

Bottom line... great lens!

-- hide signature --

New to this forum, not to forums!

ADMint's gear list:ADMint's gear list
Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 17-35mm f/2.8D ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28-70mm f/2.8 ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.4D +8 more
Nikon D800E
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow