Canon 35 f1 + Canon 85 f1.8

Started Jan 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
MAC Forum Pro • Posts: 13,210
Re: Canon 35 f1 + Canon 85 f1.8

Sovern wrote:

Yea since going around lying or saying how much money you made at an event which could have been a free or friends wedding validates your claim anymore.

(By the way anyone with a camera can shoot a wedding and charge money, it takes someone to do an exceptional job consistently with their own style).

I've shot at a paid event with a kit lens it doesn't mean that it's the optimal choice for the task at hand just like how your 100 2.8 is not the optimal choice.

I already have a 40D and theres no way that I'd want a 100mm lens on it....way too limiting.

The 85 1.8 will serve the 135mm purpose, have more OOF capability's which is preferable to a lens being slower with IS.

With good hand hold technique you can hand hold the 85mm at 1/60th of a second on crop body as well.

Also the difference from 3200 iso on 40D and 60D will be minor, I tried 3200 iso with it earlier and it;s just fine for what it does.

Personally I don't even like that photo that much, the grooms head is blocking too much of the photo I would have framed it more straight on giving it more of a pleasing composition vs a shot where it looks like the priest is about to elbow the groom in the head.

I only shoot pro rates or I don't take the gig.  We had 6 dslrs between us.  Suggest doing the same backup with only pros. Or you could have issues when caught in a traffic jam. I'm waiting for that critical moment photo from you with the 85...

MAC's gear list:MAC's gear list
Canon EOS Rebel SL1 Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Canon Extender EF 1.4x II +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
BAK
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
schmegg MOD
schmegg MOD
MAC
schmegg MOD
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
schmegg MOD
schmegg MOD
schmegg MOD
MAC
MAC
MAC
schmegg MOD
MAC
schmegg MOD
schmegg MOD
schmegg MOD
MAC
schmegg MOD
MAC
MAC
schmegg MOD
schmegg MOD
schmegg MOD
MAC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow