Eagle BIFs and URGENT AF-S question to birders/tele shooters/trouble shooters!

Started Jan 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
Marianne Oelund Veteran Member • Posts: 7,664
It appears . . .

It appears that I fared better at jumping to conclusions. 

Windsprite wrote:

Hi Marianne.

You were absolutely correct!

FrankG wrote:

You could be right, although she did originally say:

"Then yesterday I took it out on our deck and tried shooting some objects around my house (I have a cough and fever right now and can't venture out into the wilderness to test this thing). I live right in the city, so my subjects were urban junk like TV antennae, electrical poles and insulators, crows, airplanes, etc. ..."

I'd assume "out on our deck" means outdoors (that's what it would mean in the UK!)? So I'm not sure how that is shooting through a high temperature gradient?

As I mentioned I have encountered what at least sounds superficially like a similar symptoms with my 300 AFS in use with my D7000. just as bad even with either a 1.4 or 1.7 TC fitted. I have put it down to an intermittent contacts problem between the lens and the D7000 as I can make the problem temporarily go away either by exerting a slight twisting force on the lens barrel or by tilting the camera significantly upwards (as if shooting birds in flight for example). By contrast the same lens works fine with my D800 - no sign of the problem at all.

Anyway let's hope you are right!

Frank

-- hide signature --

Qualities possessed by God in infinite proportion: Love, Grace, Power, Righteousness, Wisdom, . . .
Qualities possessed by humans in infinite proportion: Ignorance.
- Marianne

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow