MX 1 Preliminary Review
Zvonimir Tosic wrote:
- Extra EVF would make camera bigger. Cripple the EVF in size and in coverage and you get an oversized MX1 that becomes Fuji's X20. Thanks, but no thanks.
The MX1 is not pocketable even without these 'extras' so once it isn't in that group... adding an EVF or an accessory optional viewfinder would't make a crucial difference in any meaningful way.
That is an argument that clearly is justifiable with the Canon S and Sony RX which are pocketable.
- Missing hotshoe — an argument from the past. Why everyone presumes cameras such as MX-1 were meant to be people's only cameras, and that most people will opt for using "external flash" instead of the build-in flash? Where this logic comes from? Today many tend to have more than one camera.
For some it might be their only camera.
And missing hotshoe is exactly why this camera is so interesting;
I don't think that missing something that could be helpful for some makes any camera "so interesting".
it's not a DSLR and doesn't pretend to replace it. And its usable ISO range is amazing, 4 times better than in cameras from few years ago. It's an everyday camera to be used when going out without a flash and a DSLR and all the gear. Geez ..
- Lens is not the same as on XZ-2. Similar on some numbers, yes, but not same optically. I expect it to be even better in some regards, but those are not important details.
Can we make an argument: MX-1 is interesting simply because it doesn't have "extras" reviewers find in comparisons, and couple of extra of those extras mean not a camera is automatically "a better deal for bucks".
It does decrease the cost of manufacturing.
The Fuji X 20 is in another 'capability and feature' camera category and will cost more. For some the MX-1 might be what they will understandably consider because of the lower price for what I am sure will be a very nice camera.
Thanks for the effort in translation, though.-- hide signature --
“A portrait is not made in the camera, but on either side of it.”
— Edward Steichen
|Post (hide subjects)||Posted by||When|
|Jan 31, 2013|
|Jan 31, 2013||1|
|Feb 1, 2013|
|Feb 1, 2013|
|Feb 1, 2013||1|
|Feb 1, 2013|
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Sunflower Field by GrannyMeg|
from An impressionist piece
|Flag from Staten Island Ferry by wam7|
|Windswept juniper by Kreber|
from Wind power
|SAND SCULPTURE by duskman|
from Landscape - Black and White #4