Anyone understands the point of Nikon's Auto ISO logic on D600?

Started Jan 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
olyflyer
olyflyer Forum Pro • Posts: 24,304
He doesn't understand it, so you should give up as well.

pavi1 wrote:

Pradipta Dutta wrote:

I am not mutilation anything. It is you who continues to come up with complex logic and not seem to understand what Minimum means.

When speaking of ISO, there are three minimums. First there is your camera's minimum ISO(200 on my D300S), then there is the minimum you have selected, and third on my camera there is L1.0. Just saying the word minimum does not identify what you are talking about without more information.

When you set ISO 800 and then turn on auto ISO, ISO will not go below 800 unless you hit a "wall".

A mode the wall is S maxes out and ISO needs to go below the base you have set to prevent overexposure.

S mode the wall is A maxes out and ISO needs to go below the base you have set to prevent overexposure.

M mode, if the S & A you select will result in overexposure, ISO will go below the base you have set to prevent overexposure.

Now I suppose we can start a long argument over the meaning of the work "base".

In my three examples, base means the ISO I set in the camera, not the manufactured base.

He will NEVER admit that you or I are right, just keeps parroting that the manual is right, when the manual only describes the absolute minimum value the Auto ISO can use. It never goes down to ISO50, so in that sense the minimum ISO is 100. He is just twisting words, that's all, that's why he ripped out that sentence from my post. That sentence alone is nonsense, but it fits his agenda of claiming that he is right and I am wrong.

It doesn't matter, this is the Internet...

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow