Eagle BIFs and URGENT AF-S question to birders/tele shooters/trouble shooters!

Started Jan 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
Marianne Oelund Veteran Member • Posts: 7,660
Relax, you do not have a problem!

windsprite wrote:

Hi. Very interesting! Yes, that's a possibility, and I believe our windows are UV coated.

I did try a good Kenko UV blocking filter against the lens yesterday, but it didn't make any difference. I've been trying to think of other materials around the house that I can try.

BTW, I forgot to mention that the sample images are all 100% crops, if it wasn't obvious.

Julie

You are creating a problem by shooting through an open door, from a heated indoor environment, through the high temperature gradient to the cold outdoor air.  It's the turbulent air at the open door which is causing the AF jitteriness and inaccuracy.

If you go completely outside, close the door behind you, move away from the building and try your AF again in an entirely cold environment, I'll bet the problem goes away - especially if you let the camera and lens acclimate a bit to the outdoor temperature.

Have a spectacular trip next week!

-- hide signature --

Qualities possessed by God in infinite proportion: Love, Grace, Power, Righteousness, Wisdom, . . .
Qualities possessed by humans in infinite proportion: Ignorance.
- Marianne

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow