DP3M photos

Started Jan 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
Roland Karlsson Forum Pro • Posts: 28,124
Re: On Banding and Noise

maceoQ wrote:

yes, two ladies, one with a green bag.

Oops --- you are right. I mixed things up.

I had a downloaded copy of the ladies that easily showed the banding. Hmmmm ... must have edited that one ...

Because ... now when I look at the ladies .... then the banding is not so obvious. Or have Sigma replaced the image?

Never mind - the image with the green bag and the two ladies was the same as Laurence showed and was talking about. And he showed the original and the manipulated. The manipulated with very evident banding, and the original without.

The original I can see now on the page has banding that can be seen on my calibrated monitor, but its quite faint. I would not have thought about it if no one have told me to look.

The color splotches are more evident. They are easy to see above the ladies arm.

Regarding the EXIF meta data you showed with lots of zeroes.

That does not say so much. We dont know what editing really have been done. There might have been post processing in some other editor, and the new camera/SPP might not dump correct values yet.

-- hide signature --
 Roland Karlsson's gear list:Roland Karlsson's gear list
Sigma DP3 Merrill Sigma dp2 Quattro Sony RX100 III Pentax K-3 Pentax K-1 +14 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow