* Wed C&C (No Theme) Thread, Ed. 249 January/30/2013 *

Started Jan 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
LouHolland
OP LouHolland Veteran Member • Posts: 9,147
Re: Eaton Canyon

dave gaines wrote:

Mid-day in a shady canyon. This is a popular swimming pond in the summer. On this cold winter day there were always people here with me. Luckily, while I was shooting they stayed on the rocks behind me in canvas tennis shoes while I moved around from rock to rock over shallow water with good boots on. Eaton Canyon Falls, named after an early, pre-Pasadena settler, Benjamin Eaton. E-5 and 11-22 mm lens with polarizer filter.

Eaton Canyon Falls

-- hide signature --

Dave
No thought exists without an image. Socrates
http://whaleshark.smugmug.com

-

Hi Dave,

Good shot with a great potention but, as is a bit dull it has no glow factor which needed to give the water it's cool expression and make the rocks stands out by creating more depth in the texture part and show the wet effect of the water on the rocks. That's mainly what I've to say about it because your shot is worth every expiriment who could achieve all those points and bring it to live. So I made one and this is one opportunity as there are many. Let me know your idea of it and possible your version.

This one would be removed within 4 days and if you want to keep it download it before it's gone.

Cheers Lou

Process: screen blend the copy and adjust a exposure correction only on the gamma slider +45. If you find it a bit dark you now can make it lighter and a bit softer without losing your achieved effects.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow