DP3M photos

Started Jan 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
Raist3d Forum Pro • Posts: 38,601
Re: On Banding and Noise

maceoQ wrote:

Actually my monitor is. It's also one of the best kinds in the market right now- a retina display.

iPhone? iPad? Macbook Pro?

I'm sure retina is ok, but for real photo work i would name Eizo, Quato...

spare me the high end brands, the retina monitor has more than good enough color gamut for "real photo work" ;-). And I calibrated it.

Nevertheless...i also see faint banding in the original picture of the two ladies, and my monitor is calibrated. (Eizo)

well look at that, I can sleep better now

The picture itself is anyway terrible, wrong white balance, ugly skin tones, photographed trough a window..

the skin colors are  indeed a bit weird. it actually shows. Other pattern I have been seeing- it's like some noise reduction being done T some layers affect the final color. Is the kind of color I would see from the previos foveo. On skin to es but at higher isos- like they tend to shift to a bit of monochromatic toned color.

Maceo

-- hide signature --

Raist3d/Ricardo (Photographer, software dev.)- I photograph black cats in coal mines at night...
“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.” - George Orwell

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow