Anyone understands the point of Nikon's Auto ISO logic on D600?

Started Jan 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
olyflyer
olyflyer Forum Pro • Posts: 24,195
Re: Anyone understands the point of Nikon's Auto ISO logic on D600?

MayaTlab0 wrote:

pavi1 wrote:

OutOfFocus

"Be aware though that the camera will use the currently-set ISO sensitivity as its minimum value, so enabling Auto ISO with a value of ISO 100 is, in most cases, the most sensible option"

They designed it that way because that is how it should be.. If I set min ISO 800 and turn on auto ISO, I do not want the ISO to go below 800 unless absolutely necessary because that is what I have told the camera to do. You want the camera to ignore my command and use whatever it chooses.

Or simply add a minimum ISO option in the auto ISO menu ? That way you get the best of both worlds.

No, it would be a pretty bad idea. A fixed minimum ISO would result in overexposure in some situations. I would not mind if they would have two different ISO sensitivity settings, one for the Auto ISO off and one to be used as base ISO for Auto ISO. That would give the best of both, but if there is just one item for this then I prefer the way it is.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow