XS-1 compared to Sony a33 but not a superzoom

Started Jan 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
jcmarfilph Veteran Member • Posts: 7,592
Re: Same here

PORTRAIT wrote:

rattymouse wrote:

PORTRAIT wrote:

Hi There,

Ralph, while I use to own a Fuji bridge cam, and like, it in many ways, but there was lot of things at the same time that I don't miss at all from point-and shoot type of cam..and AF SPEED is one of them!....For instance,I tried out the XS-1 in my local camera store, as I was thinking to get one at one point, and oh my goodness i was never able to lock FOCUS in florescent light environment no matter the settings, ( I gave to the vendor and I can assure you, he was going banana!

I had the EXACT same experience as you did. I tried out a good dozen X-S1's in the shops, both here in China as well as in London. Every last time I could not get the camera to simply lock focus in the shop if even a moderate amount of zoom was used. I could not believe how poor the auto focus was and was extremely disappointed. I think that goes a long way to explain why the images from this camera are so soft. It is hard to see the point in a camera with such poor autofocus.

Doesnt Fuji test their products in all light??

Yep Ratty,

It's a shame cause I really like the cam..and at first when I was fiddle around with it, I thought it was my fault, but after the sales guy try everything possible to make it right...only then I realized that...it wasn't my fault...

If it cannot focus even at widest end then it is definitely faulty. If you are focusing on a zoomed object then you might need to use macro mode if the subject is within the minimum focusing distance in tele mode.

-=[ Joms ]=-

jcmarfilph's gear list:jcmarfilph's gear list
Fujifilm X20 Fujifilm FinePix HS50 EXR +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow