A true D700 successor: D600 sensor in D800 body ... and fur gods sake, leave the damn video out!!!

Started Jan 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
jfriend00 Forum Pro • Posts: 12,020
Re: A true D700 successor: D600 sensor in D800 body

RedFox88 wrote:

ralittle2 wrote:

RedFox88 wrote:

csn wrote:

by putting the 24MP sensor of the D600, which, judging from the posts on this forum produces awesome images, into the D800 body. I for one would jump on the D750 (what else would you call it?) before it even hit the store shelves.

What exactly would be the point of the camera? 12 MP fewer... and that's it? that's no reason to create a whole new model. Use the d800 and export your file at lower resolution if you want.

Every image sensor is now designed for video, just don't use it just like live view.

I'm not an engineer so correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the processor is what would control things like fps. FPS, regardless of what actually controls it, would be the reason for a 24MP sensor in a D800. That and the auto-focus. A lot of people want the build of the D700/800, the newer sensor for it's advantages, the fps of the D700 and the auto-focus of the D700/800.

The only technological issue is the throughput of data at 8 fps. Processors increase in speed all the time. Or use two.

But that is already designed in the D4. You and many others I read on here, don't want to pay for a top end product. They want a D4 without battery grip for $3,000 less.

We're just requesting follow-on products to the D700 or D300, two very successful products for Nikon targeted at the sports/action shooter and both of which are significantly out-of-date sensor-wise now.  Yes, the D700 was a mini D3 without a grip for $3000 less and it sold like hotcakes and brought a lot of new customers to Nikon.  There is no doubt that it was a very successful product for Nikon.  Same for the D300.

-- hide signature --
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
csn
csn
csn
csn
csn
csn
(unknown member)
csn
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow