D3200 vs D300 for studio shot?

Started Jan 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Rockwallaby Regular Member • Posts: 479
Re: D3200 vs D300 for studio shot?

I have the D300S & got a D3200 about 6 weeks ago and have been experimenting with it since.

Last week I was booked for an indoors awards/trophy presentation evening.  From the results I had got from testing the D3200, I was not confident that it would deliver consistent exposures unless shooting in manual mode.

So I decided to take the D300S with a D300 as backup, 24-70mm f2.8, 16-35 f4, an SB800 flash and shot in aperture priority mode with TTL.  A good result and happy client.

I like the results the D3200 delivers for such a low cost price.  I paid AU$430 for body only. Great little camera, basic in operation but when you have been used to using a D300, the smaller viewfinder and less focus points make it a bit trickier to use.  While the extra megapixels make for larger print size potential, the D300 still delivers great images.  In fact using the D3200 has reinforced just how good a camera the d300S is.

I would recommend you to use your trusty D300 like you have in the past and be confident in delivering great images to your client.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow