Legacy Lenses - the good... the bad... the ugly?

Started Jan 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
will1384 New Member • Posts: 12
Re: Legacy Lenses - the good... the bad... the ugly?

I have been playing around with legacy lenses on my Panasonic G3, the lenses I have tried have all been Canon FD type using a RainbowImaging Canon FD to M4/3 Adapter, the two I like are the Canon FD 50mm 1.8 and the Vivitar FD 28mm 2.8, there are better versions of both lenses, like the Canon FD 50mm 1.4, and the Vivitar FD 28mm close focus lens, but they are more costly and harder to find, I got both of my lenses for about $60, they both looked almost new.

From what I understand, legacy lenses on a Micro 4/3 camera double the MM, so my 50mm lens becomes a 100mm equivalent on a Micro 4/3 camera, and 28mm becomes a 56mm equivalent, I was unaware of that when I first got the lenses, but after some time plating with them the 56mm and 100mm seemed perfect.

I will say it's not been all roses, as I still have some trouble going full manual, but when I get it all correct, the images are outstanding.

will1384's gear list:will1384's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN Sigma 19mm F2.8 EX DN +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow