D600 kit from B&H. Did they send a returned camera?

Started Jan 12, 2013 | Questions thread
Tyr-Sog Contributing Member • Posts: 906
Re: D600 kit from B&H. Did they send a returned camera?

I just got my D600 in from Amazon which was an exchange from one I bought in December. Despite the exchange being a newer Serial number on the body(old 303XXXX, new 304XXXX),  the kit lens S/N was older then my first model and came in the super generic box like the one the OP posted. My first D600 kit lens came in the nice white single box with the printed black text. My initial gut instinct was the same as the OP's but after further inspection I came to the conclusion that all was new. I had to enter the date/time, no finger prints, shutter showed 1 count, and all the manuals were still wrapped. The lens showed no signs of use, no finger prints, no dust, no scrapes on the metal rings, etc.

My takes is the factory probably ran out of the nice boxes during the free kit-lens sale and had to use cheap flimsy cup-cake boxes instead.

Since Amazon over nighted me my exchange I still had both Kit boxes. Naturally I peeled the S/N stickers off of the two kit lens box and kept the good box

Tyr-Sog's gear list:Tyr-Sog's gear list
Nikon D500 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8G ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
eNo
eNo
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow