Legacy Lenses - the good... the bad... the ugly?

Started Jan 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
tedolf
tedolf Forum Pro • Posts: 26,067
Stop the Presses!

Kevdog wrote:

Domagoj Batinic wrote:

first link - nikkor and 2 vivitars are good lenses especially for that price, those 3 lenses on ebay go for about 350$. 90mm vivitar is nice macro lens. you'll need nikon f to m43 adapter

second link - om zuiko 50mm/1.8 is a nice lens , small , price is so-so, on ebay you can get it for few bucks less

third link - is useless because it's rangefinder with lens that is not removable from the camera

Good to know about the third link. Liked the look of it though!

I'm trying to get the guy with the first link to respond. He might have sold them already. It'd be a great set for me though... would like both the 50 and the 90mm and the zoom I could give to a friend of mine who can't yet afford a native zoom.

Also I just realized, I have the old Pentax camera my Dad gave me when I was 8. It has a 55mm f2 Super-Takumar that's in decent shape with a m42 mount.

that lens is a super lens!

I have that exact lens and used it for a performance photo shoot for a relatively famous musician.

I don't have a model release so I can't post the images but they came out great.

This is the same f/1.8 model except they "throttled down" the maximum aperture to make it a "cheaper" kit lens but it is great wide open.

On a u 4/3 camera, it is a fabulous 110mm equivalent portrait lens with an f/2.0 aperture (for exposure purposes).  A great existing light portrait lens.

I also have a 135mm f2.8 that seems to have some dirt inside the lens, but I might give it a go too.

The dust might compromise contrast a bit but you can pump that up in PP.

That too is a great lens.

It looks like I could take it apart to clean it if needed. The adapter is only $15.... now just have to wait for it to arrive!

Get it! Get it! Get it!

Got it?

Would be nice to use them again. I haven't shot film in them in over 20 years!

Thanks everyone for all the information... digesting and looking around!

get a decent tripod and a remote release too.

The 135 makes a great nature/wildlife lens on 4/3.

Tedolph

tedolf's gear list:tedolf's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 UMC Fisheye MFT +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow