What do you think about hiring a retoucher?

Started Jan 30, 2013 | Questions thread
matthias jurisch
matthias jurisch Contributing Member • Posts: 994
Re: What do you think about hiring a retoucher?

Hello Jack...if there is one thing in my life that I am really lousy at , it is "PHOTOSHOP"...I missed the boat about 10 years ago when I switched to my first DSLR and thought that pure photographic skill will get me through on my assignments...that might be OK for maybe half of my pictures, but the rest just needs PS, just like I always relied on a good film lab technician at the enlarger to dodge and burn my negs...so what it boils down to for me, is that if I were in a really flourishing photo business, I would for sure hire a pro photo retoucher, but as the photography business is dwindling worldwide, I have to say that most photographers will jump on the wagon and learn PS at a seminar or just have friends show them some of the tricks (pulling drawers)...this photobusiness is about skill and who you know...if you are willing to promote yourself, it will be a very tough uphill climb, and I am only speaking of the PS retouchers here in Berlin, and the ones that I know are really hurting for assignments, so it would be my advise to meet as many pros as you can and start with small retouching assignments...small steps, and in the end, your PS retouching quality will get you through another day...and into the fashion business ???

greetings to you

Matthias

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow