Advice on panorama software

Started Jan 28, 2013 | Questions thread
Usee
Usee Senior Member • Posts: 2,223
Re: Advice on panorama software

Richie Beans wrote:

I put this 2.5 Gb image together using the PS CS5 Merge and 50 separate 16 Mb images. I tried the MS Ice software and it didn't come close to the PS results.

I look that this picture 8 times a day, amazed that PhotoShop could do that so accurately.

Edit: Details and disclaimers here: http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3375976#forum-post-50763368

...well, I'm still not the thread starter, but the example You provide is probably a good representation of what could be relevant for the thread starter...

...anyway, thank You for the detailed description of a timeless, pleasant picture of pure nature...

...without dull flat walls!

...but with obvious stitching flaws in the lower right corner (the unsharp rock) IMHO.

-

However, I must admit that the rest of the picture is way better stitched than the most (high praised) panoramas which are regulary shown.

The choosen perspective with lot's of fine detail in the far background and maybe too sharp edges looks a bit unnatural, but helps to draw the attention of the viewer...

...especially because of the unsharp rock in the foreground, so that I would try to optimise the rock in the foreground a bit, due to it's relevance for the whole picture.

If You can handle my somehow nitpicking and sometimes harsh critic and allow me to show You the artifacts on Your example, I'll take the time to show the flaws in a few days.

Btw.

in the (middle to right) background near the mountain tops are some uneven sharpness transitions visible - even in the 1600 pix view...

...so, no cigar yet, but nearly a cigarillo.

-- hide signature --

Envy is the highest form of recognition.
Stop to run, start to think.
Think twice - that doubles the fun!
Your world is as big, as Your mind.
Avoid to have only one point of view!
Uli

Usee's gear list:Usee's gear list
Samsung NX1 Samsung NX 12-24mm F4-5.6 ED Samsung NX 45mm F1.8 2D/3D Samsung 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 power zoom Samsung 50-150mm F2.8 S
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
mmr
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow