x100 now or x100S on Feb 18th?

Started Jan 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
John Bean (UK) Forum Pro • Posts: 18,035
Re: x100 now or x100S on Feb 18th?

Jonny Y wrote:

Wonderful (if, understandably, slightly conflicting) advice from everyone - thanks for taking the time. I wasn't aware of the possible difference in RAW files between the two, so that's interesting. So the RAW output from the x100 is now very good and supported by all the major image editors, correct? But presumably, as the x100S is new, we won't know until it's out, plus it might be a while before good RAW support is available?

The X100 raw files are almost unbelievably good if you want to do any major changes to the tonality of the image. I have no personal experience of existing X-trans cameras but I have played a lot with downloaded raw files from them and much prefer the X100 files.

Maybe most importantly though, most people seem pretty pleased with their x100 now that the firmware updates have improved things - so I think I'll save a few quid and get the old model.

That would be/was my decision too. I recently replaced an older "grey market" X100 with a new "official" one with full warranty after the announcement of the X100s with resulting price drop of the X100.

-- hide signature --

John Bean [GMT]
"Note: If pictures and physical have access, please in kind prevail, thank you for understand." - quotation from an ebay listing.

John Bean (UK)'s gear list:John Bean (UK)'s gear list
Sony FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow